November 12, 2008

Waste of Space


I'm freezing and I would like to go to a beach.

Sometimes I think I could stay in my field for a long time. I actually have to think for this new job, so I like it more. My brain is stimulated for once. I'm one of 2 media people in the entire company, so I do all brands including new business. Do they know I'm only 23? I'm fairly certain they think I'm three years out of college since it's my third job and maybe they just didn't look at my resume dates. Oh well, I am sure I'll manage. Today I had lunch with BusinessWeek magazine (delicious real Italian) and I also got Knicks box seats for Sunday which is nice. I just like that media is a small world in the city. I need to move around the country to see where I want to end up, but technically, I could get used to this and not get bored. Except this morning a little Asian lady stood way too close to me on the Path and there was a lot of room for her to back off. It scared me. Also it's great getting out at 5, however two extra hours a night is a lot of time. I'm forced to have hobbies and think and go to the gym and talk to people so I don't just watch TV and surf youtube or something (which is what I'm doing right now).

In other unrelated, insignificant news, Taylor Swift is my new Kelly Clarkson. Kelly got me through some tough times and I can relate to almost all of her songs, but Taylor is replacing her which is crazy! Okay that was a stupid sidenote. Now that I have nothing to complain about, I need something really interesting to happen in life. It's weird to just be "happy." I don't know what to do with myself. I really want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I just got chills when I saw the preview. See? When I'm in a good mood, I don't have passion so I can't write. Maybe I'm better at ranting than I am at writing. I'm too on the surface when I'm calm. Also I am apparently hosting some musicians in my living room for the night. I'm a fan so it's the least I can do. I gotta go because I'm not saying anything anyway....

No comments:

Post a Comment