February 10, 2010

It's a snow day, yet I made myself come to work, and then proceeded to procrastinate for much of the day.... what was the point of that?

Life is hard and complicated, but when it seems like a mess, I try to remember that it could be worse. It's also good to imagine earth from space. Then there's this: GUY

When I was in the middle of being a divorce kid (yes, that's the official label), I used to sit in my Dad's office alone from ages 11-17 and copy quotes from inspirational books by hand. In my novel, that is meant to be funny, but in reality, it kept me sane. I still do that and this is one of my favorite books for quotes: How To Win Friends and Influence People. I read it like 5 times at least. I definitely recommend.

For once, I think I'm pretty happy in life, and I'm going in a direction I'm excited about, but of course there are plenty of wrenches and banana peels thrown in the path. I guess it would be boring otherwise. I kind of miss home, and I keep having nightmares about family. It's likely fear of loss or change.

Quote I just came across: We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy.

Oh wait, what was the point of this post? Just me procrastinating more obviously. ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment